Clinical Pharmacists provide specialist medication expertise and help support patients to manage long term conditions through medicine optimisation and are integral members of the multidisciplinary team working across 14 practices. The clinical pharmacists provide expertise in medication reviews, support patients to manage long-term conditions through medicines optimisation and improve patient care by increasing communication between general practice, community and hospital pharmacy.
The Clinical Pharmacy Service provide:
- Chronic disease management and clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy
- Non - medical prescribing support
- Primary support for general practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries and support with acute prescription requests, medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of the patient
- Clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement and management of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services
- Support practices with community integration and hospital pharmacy to help utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage workload
- Improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies